Here are the biographies of our current officers at USU American Fisheries Society.
- President: Jamie Reynolds
- Vice President: Chuck Carpenter
- Secretary: Thomas Hafen
I am a junior majoring in fisheries and aquatic systems at Utah State University, I enjoy backpacking, fishing hiking and camping and climbing.
I am currently working as a technician for Bryan Maloney on the Weber River with the bluehead suckers.
- Treasurer: Tyler Arnold
- Public Relations: Richard Buys
Richard Buys grew up in Centerville Utah. Throughout the course of his life he’s developed and dismissed passions for many different things. The one passion that has always persisted is his love for the outdoors. After a few semesters exploring different majors, Richard decided to follow his passion and is now a junior in the Fisheries and Aquatic Science program. Richard is an avid fly-fisherman and has spent the last two years as a manager and guide at a local fly shop. Currently, Richard works in the National Aquatic Monitoring Center at USU. He’s a lover of cutthroat trout, good food, lawn games, and stand-up comedy.
- Web Guru: Cheyne Warren
- Cheyne Warren lived in Torrey, a rural town bordering Capital Reef National Park for her young childhood. Her experience in the park instilled her with a love for the outdoors and nature. She’s had a love for animals since a young age and plans to carry her love into her adult life. She is an undergraduate in Wildlife Science but she is planning to follow a career path in veterinary science. Cheyne enjoys backpacking, playing with animals, art, writing, learning random animal facts, and being outdoors.
- Faculty Adviser: Dr. Brett Roper